Unschlittplatz

 

On the west side of the square stand three houses (# 8-12) which date back, at core, to the 16th and 17th centuries. In the years 1976-81, they were saved from demolition and restored by a citizensí initiative called the "Friends of the Old Town".

The fame and reputation of the place harks back to 1828, when the mysterious foundling Kaspar Hauser appeared on this square bearing an equally mysterious letter of introduction (memorial plaque on house 8).

 

Foto: Herbert Liedel